You may know that my human is a minister. Last week she had the ten commandments as one of the readings. I took a look at them. I don't know what the fuss is about: God gives this list of rules and for thousands of years people think how clever God is for coming up with them. I'm sure I could do much better - which is why I've decided to write my own ten commandments.
|6. You will not take away any mice, lizards, or|
small creatures I may be tormenting.
- I am the cat. You shall adore only me.
- You will not give attention to the dog.
- You will always speak nicely to me - and stroke me while you're doing so.
- Your lap is always reserved for me.
- You will bring to me the first fruits of the Friskies harvest, along with cream and stinky fish.
- You will not take away any mice, lizards, or other small creatures I may be tormenting.
- You will not work on the computer when I want to be stroked.
- You will not step on my jingle balls - even if I leave them in the middle of the hallway in the middle of the night.
- You will not yell at me when I break your precious objects.
- You will not want the couch, your bed, your chair, or anything else I happen to choose to nap on. If I am on it, it is mine.
I'm sure you will agree, these are a significant improvement on the original.
Until next time we meet in the Bloggosphere,